Saturday, September 10, 2011

Counting Down

Last Spring, I found out that I had won a Fulbright Award for research in Turkey.  Needless to say, I was thrilled (having never had a sabbatical). My departure date in mid-September was so far away, and there was time in the world to do all of the things that would be necessary, including learning Turkish, applying for sabbaticals at the VA and MUSC, tying up loose ends at work, and getting the house ready to rent.  Well, you know how all that goes!  And now that I've got less than 24 hours, I'm beyond panic and decompensating rapidly into psychosis!  And it doesn't help that my super organized husband has been packed for three weeks.  So, this post will be short, but I promise more to come when we arrive in Ankara on Thursday.

You'll see in the picture my mother, children, and grandchildren who all came to Isle of Palms a few weeks ago to wish us well.  Since then, there have been wonderful parties, happy hours, breakfasts, and dinners to send us off (maybe I should leave more often??). 

Testing. Katie's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment