Saturday, July 21, 2012

Home Again -- Part 1


This has been a difficult blog to write, as it’s hard to summarize 9.5 of the most amazing months of my life.  Since I’m a list maker, I thought it might be easiest to capture some of my thoughts and observations in that mode.  And since there is so much, I’ll probably have multiple parts.  So here's Part 1,  my Turkish Bucket List.

Ever since I visited Turkey (nearly 20 years ago!), I wanted to (in no particular order): 
  • Go to Pamukkale (an incredible ruin and natural wonder)
  • Go on a Blue Voyage (a one week experience on a “gullet” boat stopping at islands and bays in the Aegean) 
  • Visit Efes (or Ephesus, as we know it – one of the largest and most impressive ruins ever)
And here they are...

1) Pamukkale
Underwater ruins at Pamukkale
Unusual mineral formations at Pamukkale (this is NOT snow!)
















2) Blue Voyage (see earlier post)


Life was hard on the Blue Voyage!  


3) Efes

An amazing city!




No comments:

Post a Comment