Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Brig!



Brig the Frog
Brig and EK
Brig with patch
Brig and Eric
Dearest Brig
Belated happy birthday to my incredibly awesome grandson who is wise beyond his 9 years!  Your personal resolve never ceases to amaze me.  In the years that you wore your eye patch you never complained – even though I know it was uncomfortable and definitely not cool (after all, you can’t play pirates every day).  But then coolness has never been your concern, as you’d rather play in a chess tournament than a basketball game.  You’ve faced stitches and surgery – all with your typical bravery and stoicism.  And what a joy it is to see your art skills develop!  I will always think of you as my “reciprocal” grandson – because whenever I bring you a present you never fail to give me some small little gift in return.  Though you are often seen with your brother, you couldn't be more different.  How I wish I could show you Turkey and some of the sites I’ve seen this year.  Maybe one day when school’s not an issue I can kidnap you for a short trip.

With all my love,
Gran

No comments:

Post a Comment