Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Will it ever end?

View today from our apartment

I'm asking that question about the terrible situation in Syria, and also about winter in Ankara.  It started snowing this morning, and it hasn't yet stopped (and it's now about 9 pm).  Tonight the forecast is for yet another 17-18 cm (about 7 inches).  As they say over here "Allah allah!"  Even my Turkish friends say that this is the worst winter they can ever remember.  Up until last week, I had a really good attitude about winter.  I didn't mind going out in the cold, wearing long underwear, boots, hat, and winter coat.  But now I'm beginning to get tired of it --  especially since even Europe is warming up -- and I heard that Charleston has had only 3 nights when the temps dipped below freezing.  Attitude adjustment (I keep telling myself) is what it's all about, along with maintaining equipment (i.e., keep out the long johns).  I will survive! 

1 comment:

  1. It has been a very warm winter here...I'm sure I would be going crazy with all that snow. I don't know how the mothers of young children deal with putting all those layers on every day!

    ReplyDelete